Wednesday, December 8, 2010

I lost my job.

So that was perfectly blunt and straight forward and designed to make you feel sorry for me. Ultimately, however, I am attempting to use this new and terrifying experience of uncertainty to catapult my creative side. Some days I have the perspective of "maybe this was just what I needed!" Other days I have he perspective of "this is so not what I needed right now!" Either way, I don't really have a choice but to move on.

Calvin Coolidge said, "Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan "press on" has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."

To add to that, I was given a fantastic piece of advice the other day. I was told that it was a good idea to make myself do something creative every single day. Photography, writing, business planning, whatever it may be, to just force myself to do it. Not everything I would do would be brilliant, inspired, or even remotely usable... but it would be something. Something from which to build and good practice for my brain.

So that's where I am. At a loss and yet terribly devoted to making something out of this nothing. Let's see where this goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment