Thursday, December 9, 2010

The cold air stings like lemonade and strep throat. As much as I hate winter, I welcome the erratic weather today. It matches my volatile mood. One second sunny and cheerful, the next dark and broody.

I moved things around in my house just to do something different. Harvey, my eternally present philodendron, now sits across from me. His leaves are facing the wrong direction because of previous light exposure. I did that on purpose, but I'm not sure what purpose. It doesn't hurt him to spill over only one side of the pot, but my obsession with symmetry is sometimes a little overbearing and awkward. Sorry, Harvey.

Daily ritual... taking out the garbage, loading the dishwasher, making the bed (okay, I never do that last one)... they rule my quiet, boring life right now. It makes me want to scream. Yes, it's orderly and ordered, but I want to throw things just to mix it up a bit.

I'm 31, and I'm going to go to college. Again.

No comments:

Post a Comment