Wednesday, February 2, 2011

White

I glanced up this morning and realized it was only Wednesday. It's been a really long week. The constant repeating of "keep your hands to yourself" and "use your inside voices" and "please get off of the cat" becoming a soundtrack to back the growing white monotony of snowbound boredom.

The biggest snowstorm in recorded history, they say. Don't leave your homes except in an emergency, they say. The roads are treacherous and the temperatures frigid, they say. Too quickly I have discovered the parts of myself (pretty much all of me!) that lack patience and despise enforced solitude.

I shoveled, stacking snow in neat piles on either side of the driveway. It got me out of the house for a few minutes. Maybe my children will survive one more day.

1 comment:

  1. Methinks there's no end to the Okie Snowmageddon. Be brave little toaster...be brave!!

    ReplyDelete